News and Events
Shred Day 2019!
PSB collected 160 lbs. of food donations and $65.77 in financial contributions during their annual Shred Day held April 20, 2019. Combining both food and funding support, the donations will provide the equivalent of 330 meals (83 for a family of 4) for food insecure families in Eastern Shore communities.
PSB Adds New Branch in Lewes
Our team at Provident State Bank is very excited to announce the opening of our new branch in Lewes, located on Coastal Highway! We have incorporated the newest ideas and most up-to-date features to make banking the ultimate experience for our customers. Our universal bankers are able to assist you with all of your banking needs from A to Z. Feel free to set up a time to use our conference room with features including, teleconferencing, web browsing, and screen sharing capabilities. We're making banking easy with all the newest technology while providing a hometown experience and treating you like family! We hope to see you there!
PSB Adds New Location in Salisbury
Our team at Provident State Bank is very excited to announce the opening of our new branch in Salisbury, located on Mt. Hermon Road! We have incorporated the newest ideas and most up-to-date features to make banking the ultimate experience for our customers. Our universal bankers are able to assist you with all of your banking needs from A to Z. Feel free to set up a time to use our conference room with features including teleconferencing, web browsing, and screen sharing capabilities. We're making banking easy with all the newest technology while providing a hometown experience and treating you like family! We hope to see you there!
By now, most people have made their resolutions for self-improvement in the new year. While the most popular resolutions tend to focus on physical health, the start of a new year is also a perfect time to prioritize your financial wellness.
Ready to get started? Read on.
5 Ways to Up Your Money Game in 2019
1. Make a Budget and Stick to it. Budgeting is one of most effective ways to manage your money. Creating and monitoring a budget allows you to track your expenses, adapt to changes, and achieve your financial milestones. Budgeting can also help you save for emergencies and plan for the long run - including retirement. Use an online budget building tool to break your budget down into simple, easy steps and get started: https://providentstatebank.everfi-next.net/student/dashboard/psbu/providentstatebank-financial-basics-101/budgeting-tool/
2. Build Your Emergency Savings. Unexpected expenses happen more often than we like to think. According to a 2019 Bankrate study, less than half of Americans are not financially prepared to cover the expenses that come with emergencies, such as illness, job loss, or even home and auto repairs. Get more information on the immediate steps you can take this year to start and grow your savings: https://providentstatebank.everfi-next.net/student/dashboard/psbu/providentstatebank-financial-basics-101/emergency-savings/
3. Plan for Your Retirement Now. Less than half of Americans take the steps needed to set themselves up for a secure retirement. While saving for the future is easy to put off in favor of more immediate needs, the earlier you start, the more
opportunity you’ll have to grow your savings over time. There’s no better time than now to start planning for retirement. Learn about options, like IRAs and 401(k) plans, with our free retirement education: https://providentstatebank.everfi-next.net/student/dashboard/psbu/providentstatebank-your-retirement-101/
4. Get Ahead of Your Taxes. Taxes are confusing, and many people get bogged down by complex terms and lengthy paperwork. However, doing your taxes doesn’t need to be a source of anxiety. In fact, getting ahead of your taxes can reap many benefits, including lowering stress and having early access to a refund for year-long planning. Make filing your taxes a breeze with tips from our 5 minute interactive learning module: https://providentstatebank.everfi-next.net/student/dashboard/psbu/providentstatebank-financial-basics-101/taxes/
5. Take Control of Your Credit. Your credit score can have significant impacts on your financial security and flexibility. Yet, many people have never had the opportunity to learn what a credit score is, what factors impact a credit score, and what actions they can take to make sure their score is healthy. Take a few minutes to understand the factors that impact your credit score and you’ll be well on your way to building a more secure financial future: https://providentstatebank.everfi-next.net/student/dashboard/psbu/providentstatebank-financial-basics-101/credit-use/
Access our entire library of financial education topics below.
PSB, One of Talbot County's Favorite Banks
Provident State Bank, your local bank, is proud to announce that we have earned 2nd place in the bank category for The Star Democrat’s “Talbot County Reader Approved” awards. It means the world to us that the people of Talbot County would nominate and vote for us to be one of the top local banks. We wanted to extend a thank you to Talbot County for their support throughout the years and their continued support going forward. Let us show you what it is like to deal with a local bank where we treat you like family.